Tactical Boots at Captain Dave's
Captain Dave Inc. is one of the largest sellers on tactical boots on eBay, and has been for more than five years. We offer a range of brands, styles, colors, features, and price points, usually in size 5 or 7 to 15, in regular and wide widths.
Tactical boots combine the comfort and flexibility of an athletic shoe with the ankle support of a combat boot. They are designed for police officers, corrections personnel, sheriff and deputies, and other law enforcement officers, many of whom are on their feet much of the day. Because they are comfortable and durable, tactical boots are also used by EMTs and other first responders, postal service employees, truck drivers, and other delivery personnel. Some restaurant workers like them because they usually include a slip-resistant sole and hold up longer than sneakers designed for the food service industry.
Tactical boots are available in a range of varieties, including waterproof models, composite safety toe or steel toe models, insulated boots, models with and without zippers, and often combinations of the above features like insulated and waterproof boot with a side zipper. They are also available in the traditional eight or nine-inch height as well as the shorter five or six-inch models.
While the traditional police boot is black, we offer tactical footwear in a range of colors including: desert tan for military personnel, contractors and security personnel working overseas, as well as law enforcement officers who need brown or tan footwear; coyote tan, which is preferred by the U.S. Marine Corps; and sage green, which meets the Air Force requirements for boots that match their ABU. This variety allows the officer to select boots that not only match their uniform, but match their mission.
What makes a tactical boot different from a workboot, or a pair of black sneakers? Here are several features that most boots offer (See individual item description for specifics.)
- Slip-resistant rubber or polyurethane outsole with rugged tread designed for cement, asphalt, gravel, or dirt surfaces.
- A molded EVA or similar midsole for increased comfort and support, plus a removable insole.
- Leather and nylon upper that provides support, breathability, and durability. Most can be shined up and look good with a uniform.
- The sole material is usually wrapped up over the toe of the boot to protect the leather if the wearer goes prone to shoot or crawls.
- “Ladders” on the instep to help grip the rope while rappelling.
- Increased ankle support to provide protection in rough terrain or during a foot pursuit.
- Many models are completely non-metallic so officers can go into court houses and other secure areas protected by metal detectors without taking off their boots
- Some models offer a barrier to blood borne pathogens. This is a feature EMTs and first responders often request.
- Select models also offer composite safety toes to protect the officer’s toes. Composite safety toes do not transmit heat or cold like steel toes do and some customers find them more comfortable than steel toes.
Original SWAT offers an excellent line of tactical boots. Here are a few examples: