WHAT DOES "MADE IN USA" MEAN AT KLEIN TOOLS?
Klein Tools operates eight plants in the US:
- Skokie, IL makes pliers, grips, fish tapes, and other tools.
- Lincolnshire, IL makes screwdrivers and nut drivers.
- Roselle, IL manufactures wire strippers, pump pliers and adjustable wrenches.
- Elk Grove Village, IL produces tool forgings of high quality, proprietary tool steel.
- Fort Smith, AR manufactures leather and canvas goods.
- Bolivar, NY makes high quality scissors and other cutlery products.
- Rockford, MI produces high quality plastic products.
- Cedar Rapids, IA manages worldwide distribution.
Klein Tools de Mexico has operated a plant in Mexico City since 1970. This plant produces products for the Mexican and Central American markets. A few tools that are made here are sold in the US, like our knockout punches, but for the most part Mexican made products are consumed in Mexico.
Klein Tools has never closed a US plant and outsourced manufacturing to other countries – and we have no plans to do so.
Klein Tools does sell some products that are made in other countries to our quality standards. For the most part, these are items that are simply not produced in the US any more – a good example is electronic products like multimeters.
So, you can rest assured that Klein Tools remains firmly committed to US manufacturing and continues to invest in the latest technologies for our US production facilities.